A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Saturday 23 July 2016

Is It Worth The Hype? Makeup Revolution FFTB Palette






Sorry for my absence - summer has been busy with plenty of fun activities seeing family and friends, along with the inevitable college work!

Anyway, after seeing a lot of my fellow beauty bloggers raving about this palette, I thought I'd have to jump on the bandwagon and pick up Makeup Revolution's 'Fortune Favors The Brave' palette.

The palette has a bronze/gold exterior, which makes it look really classy. It does chip slightly, as I discovered when I dropped this on the way home in the rain (long story lol), but this is to be expected. I love the emblem on the front as well.

I was literally mesmerised the moment I opened the palette. The pans for the eyeshadows are quite small, but look really nice in little circles - after all, you are getting 30 eyeshadows, so I can't complain! The marbled shades are absolutely beautiful, and these are the ones I am most excited to use.

The variety of colours is amazing - if you want just one eyeshadow palette, this is one to pick up. For £10, you get 30 shades, ranging from your standard neautrals with pinks to varying shades of green and blue. Some of these shades may not suit me, especially dark ones like 'revolution' (the last one on the last row, a very dark purple shade), but you have all the choice you need.

Although I did some swatches on my arm, I decided not to include them in this post, as the pigmentation massively varies. On the lighter shades, such as 'glimmer' (the first pinky shade on the first row), you barely get any colour payoff. I would choose to use these as a very light base, as you would get very little if you were to use this as even a base colour. Darker colours, like the marbled ones, have insane pigmentation - one swipe and you are ready to go. For drugstore eyeshadow, this pigmentation issue is to be expected.

Overall, I am in love with this palette and have no regrets about picking up this palette. I am super excited to experiment with the colours properly.

Have any of you tried out this palette? If not, are you considering buying it? Let me know!

The 'Fortune Favors The Brave' Palette is available in Superdrug stores across the UK and online via this link.

Katy x


Share:

12 comments

  1. Considering the collab, I would have expected the palette to be amazing, especially since they all went crazy over it. smh
    I would have liked to see the swatches. It would help someone to understand how bad pigmentation is. :))
    Angie
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you weren't a fan of it! It's nowhere near the standard that my naked urban decay palette is, but I still like it. I'll include some swatches in a post soon I'm sure:) haha

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 29, 2016

    I am glad you liked the palette, I might consider picking it up now! Lovely post! - Sarah
    http://blackpapermoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you enjoy it if you do :) x

      Delete
  3. I don't wear eyeshadow so this wouldn't be a good purchase for me. the colors are quite lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette looks absolutely gorgeous! I very rarely wear eye shadow, although I own a couple of Makeup Revolution palette, but that would definitely tempt me start wearing it again.

    Sounds like a bit of a bargain for the price tag though. Lovely post :)

    Sam xo
    Alright Sunshine | Fashion Lifestyle Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks beautiful!! I am always looking for new palettes' to try :) I buy a lot from Superdrug so a trip is now in order :)

    Vikki | http://planetvikkiblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful, it is more beautiful irl and hard to show through photographs and dodgy lighting haha! Yes, let me know how you get on with it:)

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful colours xx

    Natassa| petitevibes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Thank you for your comment x

      Delete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig