A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Sunday 5 March 2017

February Favourites




I've not done a favourites post for months, and they're one of the posts I enjoy writing the most, so let's jump in with beauty!

NYX Highlight & Contouor Pro Palette // £18 // Boots
For a drugstore contour palette, for some, this may been seen as a bit pricy nearing the £20, however, the value for money is insane. You get four different contour shades for different skin tones, along with different shades of concealar and highlight. I use the lovely shimmery highlight on the top left to highlight my cheekbones and nose, and the banana yellow powder next to it under my eyes. I also use the white shade as a transparent powder to set the conceler under my eyes and the darkest contour shade to fill my brows in.

I don't usually find contour shades do much for me at all (usually I either go a strange shade of orange or look as tanned as an ompa lumpa), but this is the perfect in between; the shades show up and chisel my chubby pale face, but without being too OTT. Love itttt.

NYX Liquid Suede Lip in 'Soft Spoken' // £6.50 // Boots
As you can tell, I got a little excited around the NYX counter in the Brighton Boots in my February half term! I do have far too many nude lipsticks already, but I was looking for another liquid lipstick in particular - the only other one I own is the 'Revlon Ultra Matte Lip' (which if you know this blog, you'll know I'm obsessed with), but I wanted something a little darker and brown toned. I did have a bit of a shock, as this does actually plump your lips out quite a bit, which I wasn't expecting. It emphasises my cupids bow really nicely, and is a nice shade. I do find it slightly drying, but the wearability in incredible - I just put lipbalm on all the time the day before and after wearing it.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette // £39 // Debenhams 
My lovely Mum bought me this palette for my birthday at the end of January, so during February I have experimented with it quite a bit and adore it. My favourite look to do with it is using a combination of the burgandy shades on the eye, then using a shimmery highlight in the middle of the eye and blending it out.

Literally everyone has this palette, so I won't bang on about it too much, but the pigmentation, shades, wearability and everythinggg is incredible.Worth an investment 100%!

All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven  // £5.99 // Waterstones
There's not a large amoun that I can say about this book without giving anything away. but all I can say is the emotional rollarcoaster that I went through whilst reading this was so mad.... let's just say it broke me! Niven writes in an intelligent way, and it is such a fascinating read, especially if you're interested in plots with mental health at the core. Despite all of that, I would read it again - it is incredible.

Pink Suedette Trainers // New Look // £19.99
I've recently developed an obsession with trainers - they are all I seem to wear! Stylish, yet comfortable seems to be my motto now, so I am accumilating quite a collection of trainers. I own a pair of Adidas Gazelles in mint (I spoke about them in my August Favourites Post Here), but I wanted another pastel pair. These are a great and cheap alternative - I've dug them out to co-ord with slightly more spring-like outfits, and I am in love. I've received so many compliments on them, they go with pretty much everything, are super comfy and look so cute.

So, that's what I've been loving this month!

Let me know your favourites in the comments below  :)

Katy x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I have been really wanting to read All The Bright Places,I have heard so many good things about it, I definitely need to but it now! Well done with all the amazing work on your blog by the way, you go girl! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All The Bright Places is my favourite book, I read it in 2 days, it really is amazing!

    http://www.lydstaple.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig