A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Monday 17 July 2017

Empties #2







Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Concealer  // £5.49
So, I've kinda got mixed feelings about this product. I have to say that I think I'd be a bigger fan of this if it didn't have such an orange undertone and wasn't quite as light coverage. I did enjoy using it for a while, until I have to say I had a love affair with this product and switched back to the collection concealer. 

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? NO

Simple Makeup Wipes // £3.29
I've used these wipes for such a long time, and they are always a winner. Simple can be a slightly pricey band to purchase from, but for a drugstore brand, you're definitely onto a winner. Also, 3 for 2 offers are on quite a bit with Simple products, so you can often stock up for a few months. These wipes always feel super soft on the skin, and if you've got sensitive skin, this is a win-win situation. 

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? YES

Simple Face Wash  // £3.80
I'm not going to lie, I've been pretty rubbish with my skin-care. I always seem to be too tired or not bothered to do a 'skin-care routine'. I have been using it, and I do think it's a good face wash. I don't know if I would say it's the best on the market, but if you're like me and don't fancy spending your precious pennies in the £15+ region on Liz Earle products (as incredible as they look), then I'd say this is a good shout. It has cleared my skin up nicely, along with my Simple moisturiser (which I have to say works WONDERS). 

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? YES

Simple Makeup Remover // £3.80
I bought this on a bit of a whim, and I have to say, I'm not overwhelmed by it. Yes, it did the job; I removed all of my makeup using this nice and quickly. Despite the title of this actually being an 'eye make-up remover', this works perfectly well over the face as well. I don't think it was exceptional though, and for paying almost £4, you only get a tiny amount. If you're somebody that wears makeup every day/most days, you will make your way through this small bottle quite quickly. Since I've finished this product, I've been using the GARNIER MICELLAR WATER to take off my makeup, which feels much better on the skin and will last much longer.

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? NO

Body Shop Mango Shower Gel // £5
Okay, so I'm aware there is a huge blogger hype around the Body Shop products (especially the body wash) so I won't bang on about this too much. However, I have to say I literally adore this. You can tell that the Body Shop don't test on animals and use natural ingredients - the product feels luxurious, yet isn't hugely pricey. For £5, this is fairly cheap to purchase, yet will last you a good three months. When I was using this, I was receiving compliments most days about my scent, when in reality, it was the mango scent staying on my skin rather than a perfume! Would so, so recommend.

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? YES

Herbal Essences Camomile Shampoo 400ml - £2 (on offer in Boots atm) - usually £3
I've been a huge fan of Herbal Essences hair products for as long as I can remember. They are slightly expensive, although most shampoos and conditioners are (compared to Pantene, it's quite cheap!) This smells soooo soothing in the shower, especially after a stressful day. It leaves your hair silky smooth, super shiny and lucious, and doesn't leave it sticky (I find I have to be careful with shampoos, as some of them do this to my hair). If you're looking for a drugstore brand, next time you pop into Boots, be sure to pick this up!

WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN? YES

So, that's my ramble about my latest empties! Some were sucessful and I will definitely repurchase as soon as I get some money, whilst I think I'll be skipping on others. Let me know in the comments what you've been using recently, and whether you'll be repurchasing or not.

Katy x



Share:

10 comments

  1. I love the style of this post and how you state whether you would by the products again. Great post, thanks for sharing love xx Imogen

    www.imogenrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Imogen! Glad you enjoyed reading it :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm the opposite! I love the wake me up concealer 😩😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, haha! Tbf, I think it may be my skin, but it just didn't agree with me unfortunately :( x

      Delete
  3. I love the body shop products too, and I love the look of that body wash it sounds like it smells incredible!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, aren't they?! It smells amazing, ahhhh xx

      Delete
  4. This post throws me back! I used to love the Herbal Essences hair stuff & I always loved them, I think I'm gonna have to purchase some again. I've always seen the Rimmel Wake Me Up in stores and I've always been tempted to try it, but I just like sticking to the same ones, but by the sounds of it I'm not missing out on much! Great Post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd recommend looking into them again! They've got some new oil shampoos and conditioners on offer in Boots atm, so might be worth a look!

      Thanks Jade, love your blog! x

      Delete
  5. Love this empties post and I'm not a big fan of the Rimmel Concealer either, I find it too orange toned! And I love the Body Shop Shower gels!
    Kate Xx
    http://www.luxekate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! That's exactly what I found! I used to love it, but it just doesn't seem tow ork for me anymore. Yessss, the body shop shower gels are amazing! xx

      Delete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig